- This event has passed.
A Townhall on Anti-Asian Racism: Race, Struggle and Solidarity in the Time of A Global Pandemic
March 28, 2020 @ 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm UTC-6
We are living in unprecedented times with #COVIDー19 or the #Coronavirus. There has been a rise in anti-Chinese and anti-Asian discrimination and many efforts to combat it during this public health crisis.
The People’s Collective for Justice and Liberation presents a Townhall on Anti-Asian Racism on Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 3pm-5pm PST/ 6pm-8pm EST.
Asian American organizers, and other people of color we are in community with, will facilitate a conversation on race, struggle and solidarity in the time of a global pandemic.
You won’t want to miss this–please register here and help us spread the word!
- 18 Million Rising
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance, AFL-CIO
- Asian Solidarity Collective
- Can’t Stop! Won’t Stop! Consulting
- University of Connecticut Asian and Asian American Studies Institute
Speakers (alphabetical order by last name)
- Jason Oliver Chang, University of Connecticut Asian and Asian American Studies Institute
- Jennifer K. Falcon, Indigenous Environmental Network
- Timmy Lu, AAPIs for Civic Empowerment
- Scot Nakagawa, Change Labs
- Angela Peoples, Black Womxn For
- Carmen Perez-Jordan, The Gathering for Justice
- Lakshmi Sridaran, South Asian Americans Leading Together
- Kabzuag Vaj, Freedom Inc.
- Helena Wong, Seeding Change: A Center for Asian American Movement-Building
- Gregory Cendana, Can’t Stop! Won’t Stop! Consulting
- Kuttin Kandi, Asian Solidarity Collective