News and Events
19 Oct 2012Sister Friends
A Support Group for Women of Color
Friday, October 19, 2012
The goal of this group is to provide a safe and inclusive space where students can dialogue about real life issues for women of color.
Weekly starting Friday, October 19, 2012
Location: Room 312 University Union
Time: 12-1 p.m.
If you are interested in this group or need more information, please contact Dr. Denise Francis Montao at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-581-8151
Group topics may include:
- Relationships: Self in relation to self/ Self in relation to other
- Navigating Predominantly White spaces
- Gender Roles
- Gender/Sexual Identity
- Conflicting Cultural Expectations
- Discrimination (ableism, classism, heterosexism, racism, sexism, immigration status) in the classroom
- Academic Challenges (Faculty/Student Relationships)
Come and increase your interpersonal communication skills in an environment that seeks possibilities!