Our staff here in Equity and Diversity are constantly looking for ways to increase the diverse student population on campus and encourage more involvement. Below are just a few of the initiatives we’ve been working on. Please join us!
High School Conference
Our annual High School Conferences are great ways to come meet our staff and learn more about our programs.
- Inter-Tribal Student Association High School Conference
- Black Student Union High School Conference
- Pacific Islander Student Association High School Conference
- Asian American Student Association High School Conference
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicana/Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA) High School Conference
First Year Diversity Scholars is a First-Year Seminar that has achieved outstanding academic accomplishments and retention rates. The First Year Diversity Scholars Program supports students through a personalized campus orientation, regular interactions with faculty and staff of color, academic advising, multiple mentoring relationships, and off-campus community engagement opportunities. Most notably, the program is implemented as a cohort model that includes traditional admitted students, sponsored students, and scholarship students.
The Office for Equity and Diversity sponsors and help coordinate several large annual events on campus, including the Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration, Women’s Week, U Remembers, Pride, and the Pow Wow.