- Recipient must be a resident of Utah and eligible to attend or be enrolled at a higher education institution in Utah.
- Applicant must have a cumulative grade point average of no less than 2.5 at the time of application of the scholarship. Recipients are expected to maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative average for each semester the scholarship is awarded.
- The recipient must enroll in and successfully complete a minimum of 12 credit hours fall and spring semesters respectively.
- Applicant must provide an autobiography (not to exceed four typed double spaced pages) that include the following:
- Information regarding your academic and professional goals.
- Description of the influences i.e. family member’s religious leaders, educators, community leaders etc… that have motivated you academically and assisted in the development of the values you deem important in your life.
- How will your educational and career goals contribute to the advancement of the African American community?
- A list of your past and current community activities.
- Applicant must provide three letters of recommendation from: educators, employers, counselors, business professionals, or community leaders who can provide information on your academic abilities, character and potential to contribute to humankind.
Ivory Homes Building Dreams and Renewal ScholarshipsCommunity Based, Community Service, First Generation, Leadership
Due May 31, 2017
Chicano Scholarship FundFinancial Need-Based, Leadership
Due January 31, 2017
View All Scholarships
Utah Opportunity ScholarshipCommunity Service, Financial Need-Based, First Generation, First Year Incoming Freshman, Leadership
Due February 10, 2017