The Second Year Experience Program will reflect on students’ first-year experience and conduct a deeper self-exploration of their identity, values, and life goals. The program assists students in expanding their professional network, creating a sense of community, selecting their major, and build students’ career readiness competence.
The Second Year Experience Program hosts workshops and panels throughout the academic year, including Planning for Graduation Workshops, Professional Panel Sessions, and Graduate Workshops. Check out our calendar to see what’s coming up next!
Benefits of the Second Year Experience Program
Students in the Second Year Experience Program will engage in a dialogue on how to overcome challenges faced by underrepresented students and gain mentorship support in achieving their academic, career, health & wellness, and scholarship/financial goals. Through engaging in cohort meetings and networking opportunities with graduates and alumni from historically underrepresented backgrounds, students will design their strategic graduation life plan.
- Network with graduates and alumni
- Guidance and support in selecting a major
- Preparing for a carer path
- Safe space for cultural expression
- Connect to resources on campus
- Self-exploration of identity, values, and life goals
- Support planning to achieve life goals
- Guidance finding involvement opportunities
- Attend Sophomore Welcome Back Orientation
- Meet monthly for Second Year Experience Cohort Meetings
- Meet at least once with Second Year Program Coordinator each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Attend at least two Professional Panel Sessions
- Attend Camping Weekend Trip (Spring)
- Complete Graduation Life Plan (Complete throughout the Year)
- Attend Chatting with
a ProfessionalGatherings (Optional)
- Join the Famtorship for Social Justice Program (Optional)
Apply to the Program