The Second Year Experience Program will reflect on student’s first year experience and conduct a deeper self-exploration of their identity, values, and life goals. The program assists students in expanding their professional network, creating a sense of community, selecting their major, and build students career readiness competence. Overall, students will engage in a dialogue on how to overcome challenges faced by underrepresented students and gain mentorship support in achieving their academic, career, health & wellness, and scholarship/financial goals. Through engaging in cohort meetings and networking opportunities with graduates and alumni from historically underrepresented backgrounds, students will design their strategic graduation life plan.
Click on the workshop for more information!
Spring 2020 – Professional Panel Sessions
More info coming soon!
Benefits of the Second Year Experience Program
Network with Graduates & Alumni
Guidance & Support in Selecting a Major
Preparing for a Career Path
Safe Space for Cultural Expression
Connect to Resources on Campus
Self-Exploration of Identity, Values, & Life Goals
Support Planning to Achieve Life Goals
Guidance Finding Involvement Opportunities
- Attend Sophomore Welcome Back Orientation
- Meet monthly for Second Year Experience Cohort Meetings
- Meet at least once with Second Year Program Coordinator each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Attend at least two Professional Panel Sessions
- Attend Camping Weekend Trip (Spring)
- Complete Graduation Life Plan (Complete throughout the Year)
- Attend Chatting with
a ProfessionalGatherings (Optional)
- Join the Famtorship for Social Justice Program (Optional)