The Second Year Experience Program supports students by reflecting on their first-year experience and conducting a deeper self-exploration of their identity, values, and life goals. Students will develop a graduation life plan through engaging in workshops, cohort meetings, and networking opportunities with graduate and alumni from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The program helps students in selecting a major, preparing for a career path, and developing their ideal future self.
Click on the workshop for more information!
Fall 2018 – Planning for Graduation Workshops
The fall semester is over!
Spring 2019 – Professional Panel Sessions
The Spring semester is over!
Benefits of the Second Year Experience Program
Network with Graduates & Alumni
Guidance & Support in Selecting a Major
Preparing for a Career Path
Safe Space for Cultural Expression
Connect to Resources on Campus
Self-Exploration of Identity, Values, & Life Goals
Support Planning to Achieve Life Goals
Guidance Finding Involvement Opportunities
- Attend Sophomore Welcome Back Orientation
- Meet monthly for Second Year Experience Cohort Meetings
- Meet at least once with Second Year Program Coordinator each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Attend at least two Professional Panel Sessions
- Attend Camping Weekend Trip (Spring)
- Complete Graduation Life Plan (Complete throughout the Year)
- Attend Chatting with
a ProfessionalGatherings (Optional)
- Join the Famtorship for Social Justice Program (Optional)