The Second Year Experience Program supports students by reflecting on their first-year experience and conducting a deeper self-exploration of their identity, values, and life goals. Students will develop a graduation life plan through engaging in workshops, cohort meetings, and networking opportunities with graduate and alumni from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The program helps students in selecting a major, preparing for a career path, and developing their ideal future self.
Click on the workshop for more information!
Fall 2018 – Planning for Graduation Workshops
The fall semester is over!
Spring 2019 – Professional Panel Sessions
Underrepresented Professional’s JourneyTue, Feb. 5 6-7:30 pm CRCC 105
Graduate Students Panel
Tue, Mar. 5 6-7:30 pm Union 293
Benefits of the Second Year Experience Program
Network with Graduates & Alumni
Guidance & Support in Selecting a Major
Preparing for a Career Path
Safe Space for Cultural Expression
Connect to Resources on Campus
Self-Exploration of Identity, Values, & Life Goals
Support Planning to Achieve Life Goals
- Attend Sophomore Welcome Back Orientation
- Self-Discovery Assessment (Fall Semester Optional)
- Meet at least once with Second Year Program Coordinator each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Attend at least two Planning for Graduation Workshops (Fall)
- Attend at least two Second Year Experience Meetings each semester (Fall & Spring)
- Attend at least two Professional Panel Sessions either Graduate or Alumni Panel (Spring)
- Complete Graduation Life Plan (Complete throughout the Year)
- Join the Famtorship for Social Justice Program (Optional)