The American Indian Woman Scholar (AIWS) is a competitive, application-and-competition-based program that selects an annual student ambassador at the University of Utah. The chosen individual serves as a representative for Indigenous students and is dedicated to building stronger connections with the student body, promoting leadership, cultural awareness, and student success in higher education.
- Enrolled at the University of Utah as a part-time or full-time student
- In good standing at the University of Utah during the entire period of service
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 during the full academic year 2022-2023
- Possess knowledge of American Indian history, culture, and traditions
- Demonstrated leadership, community service, and commitment to positively represent the American Indian community and the University of Utah
- Committed to representing the American Indian student population and American Indian communities in a professional and culturally appropriate way for the period of service
- Available to participate in the AIWS competition on April 20, 2022