The Male Success Initiative supports the development of male-identifying students with a particular focus on Black, Pacific Islander, Native students and students from rural areas to academically succeed, explore their identity, and gain professional experience for post-graduation success.
In close partnership with the Center for Equity and Student Belonging and the American Indian Resource Center, the Black Cultural Center leads the Male Success Initiative’s mission to support the inclusion, belonging, and academic success of male-identifying students of color and students from rural areas throughout their higher education career and into post-graduation success — with a particular focus on Black, Pacific Islander, Native students and students from rural areas.
- Improve retention and graduation rates of male-identifying students of color at the University of Utah
- Become a cultural conduit for male-identifying students of color on campus
- Promote self-awareness, acceptance, and love
- Increase career readiness and post-graduation job placement for male-identifying students of color
- Peer mentorship
- Bi-monthly meetings
- Identity and skill workshops
- Social activities