The University of Utah Black Advisory Council partners and collaborates with University of Utah administration and advises the vice president for EDI in the recruitment and retention of Black students, faculty, and staff while supporting their continued growth and addressing the ongoing climate of the Black community at the University of Utah.
- Serve as a soundboard to the vice president for EDI to discuss and understand the climate of Blackness and anti-Blackness on campus
- Promote and review the goals of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Support future fundraising measures for Black faculty, staff, trainees, and students
- Serve as a resource in support of diversity initiatives to increase the number of Black faculty, staff, students, trainees, and administrators at the University of Utah
- Host the annual State of the Black U event in the Spring
- Partner with the Black Cultural Center Director on the selection of recipient(s) for Operation S.U.C.C.E.S.S.; a Black leadership program award provided by the George Floyd Memorial Fund
The Black Advisory Council will consist of two co-chairs, a secretary, and a historian elected by the body of the members of the Council. One co-chair will be elected from staff/faculty and one student from the U student body who will also serve as the vice-presidential intern to the vice president for EDI. Membership will consist of ten individuals representing various departments and associations across campus.
For questions regarding the Black Advisory Council, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.