Diversity Scholars is CESB’s first-year student cohort. The program supports students through specialized workshops and course offerings, regular interactions with faculty and staff of color, multiple mentoring relationships, and off-campus community engagement opportunities. The program also provides first-year students of color at the U with a community of like-minded peers on campus.
As a Diversity Scholar, you will be invited to attend a welcome event just for your cohort prior to starting Fall classes; regular check-ins with a CESB advisor and with Peer Mentors who are there to guide your academic and personal success; free tutoring from university students and staff; and special social events, academic workshops, and social justice discussions just for students like you.
- Scheduled check-ins with an advisor and Peer Mentors to track progress and ensure success
- Diversity Scholars Welcome prior to the Fall semester
- Access to free tutoring
- Apply to the program before the deadline (April 3)
- Meet regularly with an assigned Peer Mentor
- Enroll and participate in two mandatory courses associated with the program: ETHNC 2510 (Fall) and ETHNIC 2520 (Spring)
- Participate in a year-long service-learning experience associated with the program
- Meet regularly with faculty associated with the program
- Complete a bi-weekly study journal
- Access to scheduled tutoring (optional)
- Attend at least one free Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion seminar each semester (Fall & Spring)