The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Graduation is a celebration that honors our beautiful and complex histories, experiences, communities, and families. In an effort to generate space for celebrations within the larger graduation event, we invite this year’s graduating class to create an extraordinary gesture (a symbol, sign, or some other way of marking the occasion) that honors not just your milestone, but the cultural and community traditions that have supported you toward your achievement. You may also choose to acknowledge the traditions that you’ve participated in and helped weave throughout campus—so that the University of Utah may always reflect the intersectionality of our student body. Join us in creating new ways of celebrating the whole of us.
Congratulations, Class of 2023, we are excited to commemorate you and your achievement. Please find below all the logistical information you will need on graduation day for registered graduates and their guests. For other questions, please contact email@example.com.
To be notified when more information is available, please consider subscribing to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion’s One U Thriving Newsletter or EDI Events or following EDI’s social accounts (@uofuedi on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
Directions & Parking
- The ceremony will take place at the Cleone Peterson Eccles Alumni House (155 Central Campus Dr. Salt Lake City, UT 84112) on Tuesday, May 2, 2023, at 4:30 p.m.
- All graduates and guests will be able to utilize the parking lots north of the building (located here) free of charge on the day of the event.
- Graduation regalia is required for the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Graduation.
- Check-in time for graduates is 3:30 p.m.
- Please follow directional signage and staff guidance after checking in for the graduate lineup on the second-level balcony.
- Each graduate will be allowed to bring 2 (two) guests to the ceremony. To gain entry to the event, each guest must present their ticket (received when their graduate checks in) at the door.
- Guests are encouraged to find their seats by 4:10 p.m. Saving seats is prohibited. The ceremony will begin promptly at 4:30 p.m. After the procession, approximately at 4:40 p.m., all empty seats will be available to non-ticketed guests.
Photographs & Video
- Photographers will be provided at the ceremony to take photos of the event. Once available, a downloadable gallery will be shared with the emails provided during registration.
- After the ceremony, the photographers will be available to take 1 (one) photograph of each graduate with their guests. More direction will be provided during the event.