Applications and Nominations
The NLA selection committee is committed to selecting applicants from diverse academic, personal, and professional backgrounds to enhance the fellowship experience and curriculum through the integration of different perspectives, epistemologies and pedagogies. For questions or concerns about the application process or technical details of uploading/submitting your application, please email email@example.com.
Who Should Apply?
- Those who represent a range of ethnic and racial groups, ages, institution or organization types, professional interests, and years of experience in higher education and related fields.
- Individuals with a strong commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) within their organization, community, and institutions.
- Participants generally hold mid- to senior-level positions and bring expertise in working with students and/or in higher education leadership.
- In order to optimize the benefits of the fellowship experience, Fellows should be able to fully commit to all forms of participation.
- Past Fellows have included community leaders, individuals in executive leadership positions, faculty, administrators, policy makers, those engaged in scholarly work, and other higher education professionals.
- Responses to several short answer questions
- Current CV
- Reference who can provide a recommendation for the applicant’s participation in the NLA Fellows Program. The individual(s) must be able to speak to the applicant’s leadership potential, skills, and abilities.
Tuition rates and deadlines for the NLA 2022-2023 Fellows Program will be announced in the spring of 2022.
No payment is necessary until you have been accepted into the NLA Fellows Program. Upon receipt of your admission notification, you will receive detailed instructions outlining the next steps in the process. There are limited partial NLA scholarships available which are part of the application process. Please note that scholarship awards are prioritized for early-bird applicants — if you wish to apply for a scholarship make sure to apply early!
The NLA Fellows Program invites nominations of outstanding individuals who have a demonstrated record of leadership at their respective institutions or organizations. Nominations of demonstrated leaders in policy-related or philanthropic organizations are also encouraged to participate in NLA. If you would like to nominate fellows, please complete the form below. Only individuals who are well acquainted with the nominee and can attest to their leadership potential, skills, and abilities should submit a nomination.