The Anti-Racism Committee advises the Steering Committee on the overall campus climate regarding issues and events of racism across all intersections of identity and bias. Additionally, they recommend and evaluate measures to ensure that every student, faculty, and staff enjoys an environment free of racism and hate.
The overarching responsibility of the committee is to provide campus leaders with information regarding issues on campus that are rooted in racism. This is assisted by having representation on the committee from students, faculty, staff, and organizations across campus including Health Sciences, Human Resources, Athletics, EDI, ASUU, University Neighborhood Partners.
Land AcknowledgmentWe acknowledge that this land is the original homelands of the Paiute, Ute, Goshute and Shoshone Peoples.
Truth & Racial Healing Transformation CenterFollowing guidance from AAC&U, the U is developing groundwork for this new campus center.
- Bryan Hubain, Associate Vice President for Student Development & Inclusion for Student Affairs
- Morgan Aguilar, Communications & Marketing Manager for Student Affairs
- Christopher Harris, Programs Manager, University of Utah Health Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Dani Baum, Associate Director Employee Recruitment, University Human Resource Management
- Dean McGovern, director, Bennion Center for Community Engagement
- Emma E. Houston, Assistant Vice President for EDI & Chief Diversity Officer
- Estela Hernandez, Assistant Dean, School for Cultural and Social Transformation
- Gina Frey, professor, Chemistry
- Jami Baayd, Ob/gyn Family Planning
- Jen Wilson, Programs Manager, University Health Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion
- Jennifer Mayer-Glenn, director, University Neighborhood Partners
- Karen Tao, associate professor, Department of Educational Psychology
- Katty Youd, Program Manager, Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, Huntsman Cancer Institute
- Meligha Garfield, director, Black Cultural Center
- Mercedes Ward, Grant Development Specialist, Office of the Vice President for Research
- Michele Debbink, assistant professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Portia Anderson, Assistant Dean for Equity, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging, College of Architecture + Planning
- Rawad Farhat, Program Manager, School of Medicine
- Shelley White, Manager, Patient Services,
- Steven Bell, associate professor, Occupational/Recreational Therapy
- Susanna Cohen, Research Associate Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Valerie Flattes, Associate Dean for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, College of Nursing