Strategic Goal No. 1
Improve the experiences of students, faculty, and staff so that they know they belong.
- Leverage Belonging Domains as primary resource to guide belonging work.
- Leverage Emerging HSI Taskforce and Excelencia to increase belonging for Latinx students.
- Position the Center for Equity and Student Belonging and other EDI centers as resources for students to connect to faculty and staff along with other meaningful campus communities that affirm, acknowledge, and celebrate their authentic selves.
- Leverage EDI Strategy Council to outline indicators of staff and faculty belonging.
Strategic Goal No. 2
Cultivate a community that honors diverse lived experiences.
- Leverage EDI marketing communications channels and events to cultivate rich experiences for the campus community.
- EDI centers to lead the university in celebration of heritage months by convening partners from across the university including Student Affairs Alumni Relations, academic and administrative units, Housing, J.W. Marriott Library, etc.
- Engage more students in the planning and execution of EDI signature events.
- Leverage EDI centers as affirming and welcoming spaces for diverse campus communities.